This year, Oregonians will award four $1,000 scholarships to exemplary students.
College is a lot of things: exciting, challenging, rewarding - did we forget to mention expensive? In order to help students pursue their educational dreams, Oregonians Credit Union will award four $1,000 scholarships:
- Graduating High School Students: two $1,000 scholarships
- Current College Students: two $1,000 scholarships
If your high school graduation is around the corner or you'll be attending another year of college during the upcoming 2019-2020 academic year, we invite you to apply.
- Application deadline: Friday, June 28, 2019
- Award notification: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Award payment: August 2019
- Applicant must be a member or immediate relative of a member of Oregonians Credit Union.
- Applicant must be enrolled or plan to enroll at an accredited institution (community college, four-year college, university, vocational/technical school) for the 2019-2020 academic school year.
- The application, essay and official transcripts must be submitted no later than the application deadline of June 28, 2019.
- Incoming, returning, and existing students are eligible to apply.
- Complete the 2019 Scholarship Application and essay.
- Provide official transcripts for all schools attended. High school students must submit official high school transcripts; undergraduate students must submit official high school and college transcripts; graduate students must submit college transcripts. Official school transcripts must be sealed in an envelope.
- Return the completed application and essay letter to any Oregonians branch or mail to:
Oregonians Credit Union
Attn: Marketing Department
6915 SE Lake Rd.
Milwaukie, OR 97267
Applications must be received or postmarked by June 28, 2019.
Scholarship award payment will be made in August 2019 and paid directly to the school of the recipient's choice upon verified enrollment and registration. Failure to provide proof of enrollment and registration no later than Friday, August 16, 2019, will result in cancellation of the scholarship.
Applications will be reviewed and judged by a committee of Oregonians Credit Union employees. Applications and essays will be evaluated on content, ability to follow direction, grammar, academic background, and overall impression. Application and essay analysis by judges will not be returned to applicants.
Congratulations to our 2019 Scholarship Winners!
Edwin Lee - University of Washington
Gavin Barrett - University of Oregon
Briauna Haskins - Western Oregon University
Angela Schoepp - Oregon State University