College isn't easy, or cheap
We get it - paying for college is debatably more difficult than attending college; so we're here to help. We're awarding four $1,000 student scholarships to graduating high school seniors, current college students and current graduate-level students. If you're an Oregonians member or immediate relative of a member, apply today!
Applications are only accepted online.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 30, 2022 @11:59 pm PT
- You must be 17 years of age or older. There is no age limit.
- You must be an Oregonians member or an immediate relative* of an Oregonians member.
- Your High School and/or College cumulative GPA must be at least 2.5.
- You must be enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited educational institution, including university, community college, trade school, vocational school, or employer-sponsored skilled trades apprenticeship program.
- You must submit an essay of no more than 1,000 words on the specified topic.
- Special consideration will be given to students who have been involved in extracurricular and/or community service activities.
*Immediate relative includes child, grandchild, spouse or sibling. You will be required to provide their Oregonians CU account number.
You'll need to supply the following documentation with your application (not after you apply):
- Completed essay.
- Unofficial academic transcripts for all schools attended. For graduate level students, only university-level transcripts are required.
- Letter of acceptance or proof of enrollment for the educational institution the award will be paid to.
- Appropriate headshot to be used in marketing or publications if you are awarded a scholarship.
Award notification & payment
Award recipients will be notified by telephone and email on or before Friday, July 30, 2022. Scholarship awards will be paid in August 2022 directly to the recipient's school.