A simple, secure way to send others money
All you need is an email address or mobile number to send money to anyone in the U.S., regardless of where they bank. The money is sent directly from your account to theirs.
Popmoney® is the fast, easy, secure, and convenient way to:
- Send, request, and receive money from anyone in the United States via email or text
- Send payments in 1-3 days or instantly to an eligible debit card
- Personalize your payments to friends and family with eGreetings
How it works:
To send money, log into Online Banking. Click the Bill Pay menu option and then the Popmoney tab. Send money using the recipient's name and email address, mobile number or checking/savings account information.
Once money has been sent, your friend will receive an email or text message alerting them of the transfer.
- If they are Oregonians member, they can sign into Bill Pay within Online Banking to retrieve the funds.
- If they use another financial institution that also offers Popmoney, they can sign into their account and direct funds there.
- If their financial institution doesn't offer Popmoney, they can simply enter their bank account information at Popmoney.com, and the money will be sent directly to that account.
Learn More FAQS
What is Popmoney?
Popmoney® allows you to send money to anyone, using only his or her name, and email address or cellphone number. It is a great way to pay friends back for lunch, pitch in for your office holiday party or send money to your kids at college. Access to Popmoney is through our Bill Pay service within Online Banking. (Note: You may send money directly to a bank account but RT number and an account number will be needed. This may not be best option if paying someone other than yourself or a close relative.)
How do I register for Popmoney?
Popmoney can be accessed through Bill Pay within our Online Banking. Click on the Popmoney tab within Bill Pay to get started.
How does Popmoney work?
Use Popmoney to send money to anyone, the email or phone number uniquely identifies the person in the Popmoney system. We also use this method to notify the recipient of your payment.
- If the person you send money to has already registered for Popmoney, we deposit the payment directly into their account and send them a notification of the payment.
- If the person you send money to has not enrolled in Popmoney, we send an invitation that explains how to register for the service and how to get the money they were sent. They do not have to be a member of OCU in order to claim the money.
Is Popmoney free?
Popmoney is currently free to send money to another person, at the standard 3 day speed. There is a $1.50 rush fee for next day.
What are the Popmoney limits?
Limits may vary by user but are set by Popmoney. Limits apply to the amount you can send per transaction, per day and per month, as well as to total outstanding payments. You can check your limits by going to the "Send Money" screen within the Popmoney tab. Once you have selected a payee, click on the "View Limits" icon next to the "Amount" field.
Can I use Popmoney to send money to someone not in my current payee list?
Yes, if you are spending money to a person all you need to do is click the “Add a Company or Person” button in the upper right corner of the Payment Center. From there, select the Person tab and complete the set-up including their email address and/or mobile number. Once you’ve added them to your payee list, you’re ready to send them a payment!
Can I split an expense?
Yes! You can split an expense or request money from the “Split an Expense” tab. Just follow the prompts and send the request – it’s that simple.
Where can I view all of the Popmoney transactions I have made?
You can view these in the “Activity” tab. You’ll see a consolidated version of all of your payment activity – bills, person-to-person transfers and payment requests.
When will my Popmoney Payments be received?
You’ll have the ability to choose the speed of your payment when you schedule the payment. At that time, it will indicate when the recipient will receive the payment. Your recipient will receive a notification on the date you schedule it; however it may take 24-72 hours to appear in their checking account.
Will my account information be shared with the recipient?
No, your account information will not be shared with the recipient. Your recipient will see your first name, last name, and the message you wrote for the payment; if you sent the payment to your contact's email address, your recipient will also see your email address. Similarly, you won't be able to see your recipient's account information.
Why do I need to verify my email address and phone number?
Verification of your email address and phone number is required for security reasons. Entering the correct verification codes ensures that you have access to your email and phone. You may also be asked to verify your mobile phone in the future to send and receive payments.