News & Events
Branches will be closed on the following holidays:
Monday, October 9th, 2017
Veterans Day (observed)
Friday, November 10th, 2017
As you may know, Equifax was recently impacted by a cyber-security attack. We are committed to providing you as much information as possible to help inform and protect our members.
The Equifax data breach initially occurred from mid-May through July 2017, when hackers accessed a large amount of data. Data impacted includes names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses, and driver’s license numbers for about 143 million Americans. In addition to this personal information, it is estimated that 209,000 credit card numbers were also accessed by these hackers. To see if your information is potentially impacted, please visit the Equifax Cyber-security website.
- Keep up on the latest breach-related news and instructions from Equifax here: https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com
- Setup MyAlerts on your Oregonians CU accounts.
- Sign up for a credit monitoring service, if you are not already protected.
- Consider applying a credit freeze with all three reporting agencies.
General Good Practices
- Review your credit score annually, at no cost, and without impact to your credit score https://www.annualcreditreport.com
- Monitor your active accounts with your existing financial institutions for fraudulent activity, such as new loans.
- Educate yourself about current threats to consumers. The FTC's website and FAQs can be very helpful: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov
- Practice good online habits by learning good password hygiene, how to verify websites, and how to ensure secure connections while using websites.
- Stay aware! Scammers often use breaking news stories, such as this, as opportunities to scam individuals even further. Verify phone calls and watch out for phishing emails.
Do you have an estate plan for your family? An estate plan is a map of how you want your personal and financial affairs to be handled in the future. An effective estate plan can help ensure that your family’s financial needs will be taken care of, and that your personal wishes will be carried out in the manner you intended. It’s a critical part of your overall financial plan.
In this seminar you will learn:
- Why you need an estate plan
- Strategies to plan for incapacity
- Wills, trusts, and life insurance
- Key tax basics, including an overview of the federal gift tax, estate tax, and generation-skipping transfer tax
Guest Speaker: Estate Attorney Phillip Hingson
Two dates/locations to choose from!
Friends and family are welcome, but seating is limited so please register by clicking here.
Estate attorney Phillip Hingson is not affiliated with CBSI or its representatives. Opinions expressed are those of the presenter and are not necessarily those of CBSI or its representatives.
Board Election Results
With the conclusion of the annual meeting on Thursday, May 4th, we are pleased to announce the election of the following directors to serve three-year terms:
- Alicia Anderson (incumbent)
- Jeff Coffman (incumbent)
- John Vincent (incumbent)
It is our ongoing priority to ensure your personal information is protected. For your continued security, on 7/10/16, we implemented enhanced password protections for Online Banking.
As a reminder, experts recommend that you periodically change the passwords you use to access websites as a precaution. You will now be required to update your password on at least an annual basis going forward.
We encourage you to make sure your password complies with the information below to ensure uninterrupted access to your account.
New Password Complexity:
- Between 8-32 characters.
- Must contain at least one upper-case letter.
- Must contain at least one lower-case letter.
- Must contain at least one number or special character
- Special characters include ! # $ _ -
Password CANNOT contain:
- These special characters @ . * +
- Cannot contain your first or last name
- Cannot match the Login ID or contain the Login ID within
- Cannot contain the word “password”