News & Events
Latest InfORmed Blog Posts:
- The Complete Guide to Prioritizing Bills During a Financial Crunch
- How Should I Spend My Stimulus Check
- How Should I Finance a Large Purchase?
- What to Look for in a Homeowners or Renters Insurance Policy
- Don't Let Scammers Get Your Stimulus Check
- Stuck at Home? Spend Your Time Productively
- How to Work From Home
- Financial Actions to Consider in an Unsettled Environment
- Should I Take the Zero-Percent Financing Offered by the Dealer?
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day June 15
- How Can I Use a Job Loss as a Stepping Stone for Growth?
If you're an Oregonians member, you're an Oregonians owner, and this means you can attend our Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting is held every year in May, but 2020's meeting has been postponed to Wednesday, July 15th. The 2020 Annual Meeting is a great way to learn more about us and to hear director from our CEO, Management Team and the Oregonians Credit Union Board of Directors.
> When: Wednesday, July 15th, 2020 @6:00 pm
> Where: Milwaukie branch @6915 SE Lake Rd.
- Independence Day - Friday, July 3rd
- Labor Day - Monday, September 7th
- Veterans Day - Wednesday, November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 26th
- Christmas Day - Friday December 25th
Upcoming Credit Union Events
- Annual Meeting - Wednesday, July 15th
Oregonians Credit Union was featured in the December issue of Kiplinger News. The article discusses how Oregonians takes a different approach to member relationships by focusing on financial guidance rather than sales.
Since 2014, Oregonians Frozen A$$ets has supported Special Olympics Oregon Polar Plunge. Our employees raise money and many volunteer to take the plunge into the freezing Columbia River. For the 2020 Plunge, our CEO was a Super Plunger (he plunged 25 times!) all because we exceeded our $8,000 fundraising goal and raised a total of $8,430 for Special Olympics Oregon. Learn more and watch the video here.
Thanks to all of our members, staff, family and friends who helped us make this year's fundraiser a success.
In the month of September 2019, we collected monetary donations and teddy bears to be donated to the NW Trauma Intervention Program following Gresham's annual Teddy Bear Parade. TIP gives first responders teddy bears to give out to children in traumatic situations.
Miracle Jeans Day
Every year in September, we participate in Miracle Jeans Day, a fundraiser where employees wear jeans to work on a specific day in exchange for donating $5 to OHSU Doernbecher Children’s Hospital. To amplify our contributions we decided to have jeans days every Friday throughout the month.
By the end of the month we raised a total of $2,548.86 for Doernbecher Children's Hospital! We are so thankful to everyone who helped us with our fundraising efforts.