Full time Member Service Representative (Prineville)
Oregonians Credit Union is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and engaged individual to provide exceptional service to our most important asset, our members.
As a Member Service Representative you will be responsible for processing transactions effectively and accurately in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a balanced cash drawer and adhering to internal controls and procedures. You must be able to conduct need assessments, identify problems, develop solutions and take appropriate course of action. You will also actively engage members by asking and answering questions regarding credit union services, products and account issues/concerns that may arise. This position builds member loyalty by developing relationships with our members, while generating new business by actively cross-selling credit union products and services.
- Greets members and facilitates a welcoming and customer-focused environment.
- Performs routine member transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, and check cashing.
- Assists and directs members to the appropriate staff member to open accounts and certificate of deposits.
- Keeps members informed and explains credit union products and services, while actively cross-selling those services and products when appropriate.
- Ability to meet or exceed performance objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere.
- Maintains good working relationships with fellow staff members and provides assistance when needed.
- Ability to identify potential fraud/risky accounts and take appropriate action to prevent loss.
- Ability to exercise judgment, raise questions to management, and adhere to regulations, procedures and policy guidelines.
- Attends and participates in training courses to advance product knowledge and customer service skills.
Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to interact with integrity and professionalism with members and team members.
- Well-organized, independent and able to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Maintains a professional appearance and has a high energy, enthusiastic work ethic.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Experience with cash handling preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn how to operate related computer applications and other business equipment including adding machine, copy machine, fax machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone system.
- Business casual appearance, dress, and professional attitude.
- Oregonians Credit Union offers an excellent salary with benefits that include medical, dental, vision, flex spending and 401k. For more information about Oregonians Credit Union, please visit our About section.
Salary: Depends on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org