Accounting Operations Representative
The Accounting Operations Representative position is accountable for following detailed and standardized procedures in performing routine accounting and support duties related to the credit union’s operation.
This position functions in a cohesive team environment where collaboration and joint projects and responsibilities are the norm. The combined effort ensures success in achieving the accounting department and credit union’s goals and objectives.
- Perform a variety of activities to assist in maintaining the financial, statistical and accounting records of the credit union.
- Working effectively in a team environment with tact, patience and the ability to work in concert with your colleagues.
- Ensure that accounts payable and notes payable are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly.
- Ensure that monthly general ledger (GL) reconciliations are completed.
- Maintain the fixed asset inventory in compliance with company policy and Generally Accepted Account Principals (GAAP).
- Review incoming disputes and identify credit card and debit card discrepancies and initiate collections or disputes resolution process; performs follow up procedures as needed.
- Provide provisional credits to valid credit card and debit card disputes while adhering to Regulations E, GG, and Visa Operating Regulations.
- Manage and track all disputes forwarded to Fiserv for processing until cases are closed.
- Process all incoming credit /debit card orders daily.
- Reconcile Corporate Visa credit card statements on a monthly basis.
- Ensure Death Notification Entries and Government Reclamations are reverted.
- Reconcile mortgage daily balances and generate reports. (Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
- Utilize credit union systems to organize and keep track of information or work progress.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Prepares share draft reports, daily activity and monthly reports.
- Confirm batch checks in numerical order and indicate missing check stubs.
- Monitor and reconcile mobile deposits; post journal entries as needed.
- Monitor IRA accounts and review transfers, distributions, rollovers, conversions, death claims and Required Minimum Distributions (RMD) in accordance with government regulations and credit union’s policies.
- Monitor EFT/ACH functions. Process, balance and correct daily postings of direct deposits and transactions transmitted daily from the Federal Reserve.
- Collaborate with payroll contacts to coordinate payroll deductions and paper payrolls, new member information, corrections, updates and changes.
- Verify the completion of accurate payroll forms and maintain up-to-date records for the credit union on payroll transactions.
- Maintain working knowledge of various accounting software programs.
- Utilize all credit union procedures and computer tools to create and generate reports and correspondence.
- Daily Reports generated and reviewed for BSA, SAR and CTR. File reports and amendments as required by federal law.
- Process and record Writ of Garnishment in accordance with the court, state or federal agency order.
- Maintain FED Line by wiring money to/from Federal Reserve, verifying outgoing wires, daily roll-over, and reconciling Federal Reserve Account.
- Prepare and disburse the quarterly 5300 Call Reports and FR 2900 Report to the appropriate federal regulatory authorities.
- Issue timely and complete statements and complimentary reports.
- Assist staff and members in resolving issues or questions accurately, professionally and in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools, as well as Adobe Professional, and core systems.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve while utilizing multiple system interfaces with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A proven ability to take initiative, with a strong sense of personal accountability and effectiveness
- Ability to manage and adjust priorities quickly in order to meet deadlines, with strong time management skills
- Flexibility within a changing environment and ability to identify and communicate process improvements
- Strong leadership qualities and a goal oriented individual preferred
Work is performed in a financial institution environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
The accounting operations position is a full-time position. Hours of operations are Monday-Friday 8:30am- 5:30pm; these hours may vary. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Will be expected to travel on occasion for continued education and seminars.
Required Education and Experience:
Accounting degree or related field; or minimum 2 years’ experience in relevant field. Financial Institution experience a plus.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
None required for this position.
Oregonians Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics or disability in accordance with applicable laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, lay-off, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Oregonians Credit Union reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org