Full time HR Representative
Under supervision, the Human Resource Representative performs work of moderate difficulty related to Human Resources, benefits administration and performs related work as assigned.
- Assists the department in carrying out various human resource programs and procedures for all company employees.
- Communicates with employees and management on various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulation.
- Assists in administration and supports tasks related to the leave of absence program, including: OFLA/FMLA, Oregon Sick Paid, etc.
- Manages time-off requests and processes.
- Assists in administration and monitoring of the performance evaluations and merit increases.
- Participates in benefits administration, including approval of invoices for payment, distribution of quarterly and annual employee notices as required and assisting with benefits reporting requirement.
- Participates in the interview process and recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel; helps coordinate the use of temporary employees; maintains applicant flow logs.
- Administers pre-employment processes; submits background, credit checks and conducts reference checks of prospective employees.
- Conducts new-employee orientation.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, processing, and reporting payroll information for all company employees.
- Assists in the exit interview and employees’ termination process.
- Assists in organizational training and development efforts.
- Maintains Human Resource information system records (SharePoint) and compiles reports from the database as needed.
- Participates in Human Resources meetings and attends other meetings and seminars for training purposes.
- Maintains adequate and up to date records on and outside of SharePoint.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Critical Evaluation.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- Ethical Practice.
- Interpersonal skills.
Work is performed in a financial institution environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
The Human Resources Representative position is a full-time position, non-exempt position. Primarily in an office environment and periodic weekend or evening work is expected. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Local travel to various work sites is required.
Required Education and Experience:
A bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, or a minimum of two years of experience in the Human Resources field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
None required for this position.
Oregonians Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics or disability in accordance with applicable laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, lay-off, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Oregonians Credit Union reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.
Job Type: Full-time
Interested candidates, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org